ASU My Future

Parent FAQs

  • Do you have an admission application deadline?

    No, ASU has no deadline to apply for admission. However, there are priority deadlines for financial aid and scholarships.

    For assistance with the ASU admission process, contact the Office of Admissions as soon as possible so that we may assist you and your student. 

  • How do we obtain documents to complete my student’s admission application?

    A student needs to submit his/her:

    • High school transcript
    • ACT or SAT scores

    You need to request the transcript from your student’s high school. If a high school counselor has a copy of your student’s ACT/SAT scores, the counselor may send it along with the transcript. If not, the test scores need to be sent officially from the College Board or ACT/SAT websites.

  • How does my student accept his/her admission to Angelo State?

    Angelo State does not require an acceptance of admission.

    If a student has been accepted and wishes to enroll, he or she will simply need to continue with ASU’s admitted next steps. You may contact your student’s admissions counselor for more information.

  • What is the cost of attendance?

    Please refer to our Cost Information page for estimates of items such as tuition and fees, housing, and books and supplies.

  • When will my student receive a bill for classes?

    Students’ bills will be available on RamPort after they register for classes.

  • When and how can we pay for it?

    A student may sign up for an installment plan or pay the bill in full

    The first payment or the full payment is always due by 5 p.m. the Thursday before classes begin. All classes will be dropped after that date for non-payment.

  • How do I apply for Financial Aid?
  • When can my student apply to live on campus?

    Your student can apply to live on campus once he or she has applied for admission to ASU and received a campus ID (CID) and ASU username. Applications typically open in October. Visit the Residential Programs website to check for application availability.

  • What are the differences in the residence halls my student can live in?

    Compare these virtual tours of each of our residence halls.

  • If my student was awarded non-Angelo State scholarships, where should the appropriate information/check be sent?

    Please instruct all donors to make checks payable to Angelo State University and send them to:

    Office of Scholarship Programs
    Angelo State University
    ASU Station #11048
    San Angelo, TX 76909-1048

    Also, include this student information:

    Student’s last name, first name and middle initial
    ASU Campus ID


  • If my student needs disability accommodations in or out of the classroom, who should we contact?

    Contact the ASU Office of Disability Services at 325-942-2047 or

  • My student has been denied admission. What are my student’s options?

    The student should call the Office of Admissions at 325-942-2041 to speak to their admission counselor about available options. 

  • What is FERPA and when does that apply to our family?

    The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), as amended, establishes requirements regarding the privacy of student records.

    Once your student is enrolled in courses at ASU, the university will not release student records without your student’s prior written consent. Parents of students may not receive non-directory information unless the student creates a FERPA/Proxy authorized user  through RamPort.

  • My student took AP courses. How should the credit for those tests be sent to ASU?

    Students can indicate on the AP test which universities receive their scores.

    If your student did not select Angelo Sate University at that time, he or she will need to request the AP scores be sent to ASU by visiting the College Board website and setting up an account. For more information on AP test credit, visit the ASU Credit by Exam website.

  • Can my student get college credit for high ACT and SAT scores?

    Yes, students can receive college credit for high ACT/SAT test scores.

    To get information about the specific test scores and the course credit awarded for them, visit the ASU Credit by Exam website.

  • Will my student’s dual credit courses transfer to ASU?

    Most dual credit courses do transfer to ASU. Transferable courses include general education courses, such as: 

    • English
    • History
    • Government
    • Math
    • Biology
    • Art
    • Music

    Technical or vocational education courses do not transfer.  Examples of technical/vocational courses include welding, cosmetology and medical terminology. Please refer to our Transfer Equivalency Tables to determine how courses transfer to ASU. 

    Your student’s academic advisor will be able to tell you how dual credit courses apply to the major that your student selects.

    To receive ASU credit for dual credit courses, your student must send his or her official college transcript showing the courses that he or she has taken when applying to ASU, even if the student is currently enrolled in a dual credit course. 

    An additional official transcript should be sent after the student completes more dual credit courses. Dual credit courses cannot be awarded college credit from the high school transcript. 

    An official transcript from the college is required. It is important to get the official college transcript sent to ASU before the student attends an orientation session. This will ensure that your student is properly advised for his or her courses.