A student must be approved for admission before the evaluation process can begin. Please allow the Office of Admissions anywhere from three days to two weeks for evaluation. The time frame is dependent on the volume of transcripts received.
Transfer Equivalency Tables
Use our Transfer Equivalency Tables to learn about the courses you have completed that will transfer to ASU. Note that not all colleges or universities may be listed.
For more information, please contact Transfer Services.
- Grades from all transferable courses will be used for admission purposes, but will not be calculated into your cumulative GPA at Angelo State University.
- Grades of WF are averaged as F.
- Grades of W and WP are not used for admission or GPA purposes.
- When a course has been repeated, the last grade stands, unless the course is designated in the institution’s catalog as “may be repeated for credit.”
- Students must submit official transcripts from all colleges attended before registering for courses. Official transcripts hand-delivered to the office must be in a sealed envelope.
- Angelo State will not transfer credit for any college course documented only on a high school transcript.
- It is the student’s choice to submit international college/university transcripts for admission purposes and transfer credit determination. However, once ASU personnel evaluate transfer credit, the student no longer has the option to eliminate those credits from his/her record.
- Developmental, technical and vocational courses are non-transferable and are not calculated for admission purposes.
- A minimum of 30 semester credit hours must be taken in residence, including 24 semester credit hours of advanced work, to receive a bachelor’s degree from ASU.
- Credit hours taken at a junior or community college may not be transferred as upper-division work.
- Credit granted for non-traditional educational experiences by community colleges or other universities will not be accepted for transfer. These include courses taken at non-degree granting institutions, life or work experience, and work completed at specialized proprietary schools.
- Credit by examination will be accepted when the student provides documentation of test scores on an original score report from the national testing organization, or an official high school transcript. For more information, see our credit by examination guidelines.
- Evaluation of course credit earned at other institutions does not guarantee approval of the credit for use toward ASU degree requirements. Only the academic dean of the college offering the program in which a student is enrolled has authority for determining which courses will be applied toward any specific program.
Educational Experience in the Military
Credit may be given for formal service school courses completed in the military after the Office of Admissions evaluates official documents. The student’s academic dean decides if credit awarded for such courses will be applied toward requirements for a bachelor’s degree as outlined by House Bill 269. For more information about House Bill 269 and military transfer credit, visit the VETS Center website.